Thursday, November 19, 2015

Patti Wins the Launderette Lottery!

November 19. Glorious Day at Sea. Patti Wins the Launderette Lottery! Somehow you have to wonder when the highlight of the day is when you collect your dirty smalls and delicates, head to the launderette and there is actually a washer available! Nirvana! Strangely enough I heard of another laundry confrontation by eavesdropping on the next table at breakfast; someone had moved or touched someone else's laundry and there was a grand altercation. I have first hand information that two couples were put off the ship in Malaysia on one cruise for throwing irons! This is serious stuff! I went with my little bag of laundry and found machines available, immediately took possession - checked my watch to make note of the 40 minutes needed to complete a cycle and headed down for a double espresso.

I courteously returned in plenty of time to switch the clothes from the washer to the dryer, and having brought my kindle, settled in for 15-20 minutes of drying. I met a delightful gentleman, Dick, ironing his shirts, and we had a grand chat about Cape Town. Dick has a home there so I picked his brain about restaurants and winery recommendations. He had some great information that he was willing to share and I'm starting to look forward to Cape Town. One more day at sea before we reach Walvis Bay, Namibia, our last port of call before we arrive in Cape Town. It's so hard to believe we've been aboard for 20 days. And even harder to think about making our own beds and opening the refrigerator... what? Cook?

No comments:

Post a Comment