Sunday, November 29, 2015

Bye-bye Africa

November 29. Bye-bye Africa! We'd arranged for a late check out so had a very leisurely morning getting ready for a very long flight JNB/ATL, 17 hours, 22 minutes non-stop! We had decided to go down for lunch before moving the luggage out of our room but last check out has its limits... our door key stopped working at exactly 2:00 pm, so we had to get a porter to open the door to remove the luggage. He let us in one more time to clear the safe and close up my carry on. John and I arrived downstairs, claimed our luggage, and the porter stacked it all on one of the airport rolling carts and took us directly to the gate for check in. From the hotel to check in - what fantastic service!  I was impressed!

I've loved this trip. From Lisbon to Cape Town and the time to dilly dally along the way. I can't wait to decide on the next trip! I miss the puppies, Guinness, Gracy and Lacey, I miss my bed, and I miss my house! But I have to be planning something; have something to look forward to! But for now, it's back to reality, no more champagne and caviar for breakfast, no more wine for lunch and dinner, and no more dinners without counting calories! Alyssa, I'm on my way home! Be kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment