Sunday, November 1, 2015

Goodbye Lisbon, Hello Mariner!

October 31, November 1. It's Goodbye Lisbon, Hello Mariner!

It's always somewhat frantic when you have to pack up and move. We're in real trouble; we had to repack this morning, and there is barely room for what we brought with us! Holy Toledo!

After a late breakfast we closed up suitcases, checked drawers and headed down for a taxi to the port. Jay, I'm so sorry, we didn't make it to Pasteis de Belem for the famous Pasteis de Nata... but they did have a tray of them each morning at the Britania. Oh, so Tasty!

Hopefully not another suitcase to send home! But I know Luggage Free will come to the rescue if needed. Check in was a breeze. Show your ticket, passport and move on... we were on the ship in a flash, but guided to the Constellation lounge, and check in to leave our passports, have our yellow fever shot documentation card checked, and our key cards issued. That took a bit longer, but it wasn't at all painful. Suites were not yet ready, so we were guided to the Veranda for lunch and more champagne. We headed to the suite about 3pm, and found our two bags in the hall, and the one bag from Luggage Free in our cabin! It didn't take long before I realized I should throw out half of what I have with me. The suites are lovely, really large bathroom, with a huge shower by all standards, a walk in closet, two twins together for a queen, and a desk, sofa, and sitting area before getting outside to the balcony. Very comfortable accommodations. 24 days usually means some compromise on space, but it's really quite comfortable. I'll start packing "used" into a suitcase next week which will open up a bit more space. Lovely dinner at the specialty restaurant, "Signatures," and as there were swells and so many had flown in from the US today, we had the place to ourselves... delicious foie gras (I'm hooked!), mushroom soup and fish. See Alyssa (my trainer), I'm trying to be good!

Today was a lazy day, getting acclimated to the ship and trying not to wash down the cabin with the stupid handheld sprayer in the shower... I was soaked, the entire room was soaked and all the towels were soaked by the time I finished. I think I figured it out, but I'll keep you posted on  tomorrow's shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment