Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Time for a new adventure!

October 19 – Frantic last minute planning and packing. Wow! It’s been a while. No, I haven’t fallen down the rabbit hole with Alice, just taken a few hops here and there since our incredible 18 night trip Beijing to Tokyo on the Regent Seven Seas Voyager! Youngest daughter’s wedding was May, June I was grounded, July was a trip to Boston for a few days and a 50th Anniversary celebration, August was Mother’s last flight and Arlington Cemetery for burial with military honors, and September 5 days at Disney World... so, it was a busy summer. 

Now, it’s just about time to cruise! I’m so excited, and I just can’t fight it, I’m about to lose control and I kind of like it! The trip is all planned, shore excursions chosen, documents delivered, transportation & pre-hotel in Lisbon (The Britannia) and post-hotel in Cape Town (The Portswood at the V&A Waterfront) booked and we’re doing our last minute checking and packing. Luggage Free arrives Wednesday, between 1-2 pm to pick up one bag – I love, love, love their service! About two weeks ago I called to set up the appointment for the bag to be picked up, and they will deliver the bag(s) to the ship in Lisbon, just like magic. In Beijing, they were waiting in our cabin on arrival! I’m packing “light” (or perhaps I should say lighter) this time and shipping only one bag. John and I will share that bag with dress clothes for the ship and some cooler things for the summer climate in Africa. 

We leave NEXT MONDAY, October 26, for Lisbon and have four days to explore the city and countryside. Planned excursions include a trip to Fatima and another day trip to wine country that still allows for plenty of time to explore the city. Alfama, Baixa, Elevador de Santa Justa, the Bario Alto and the mosaics of Sao Roque are all on the list. It’s been years since I have been there... like since the ‘50s! I look forward to re-acquainting myself and hunting for bargains! Tasting Portuguese specialties and drinking their wonderful wines! 

We board the Regent Seven Seas Mariner October 31 for the “Lands of Wonder”, cruising from Lisbon to Cape Town! 24 glorious nights in the lap of luxury! 

I’ve gotten quite spoiled and absolutely love how Regent does it - every day, every encounter, and every step of the way, on every cruise! It really is ALL INCLUSIVE; I love, love, love having the shore excursions included. There are “Regent Choice” excursions for an additional fee, but you’ll find you will be able to tour and visit any of the major attractions in the ports of call for FREE. In addition, Regent’s Specialty Dining is free, unlimited Beverages including fine wines and premium spirits, all free, daily in-suite mini-bar replenishment (as needed), pre-paid gratuities and WiFi is available throughout the ship, with purchased WiFi minutes packages... and much more – and it’s included! It makes life so easy... and believe it or not, add up you cruise fare, bar bill, shore excursions, and pre-paid gratuities from your last not-so-inclusive cruise, and you can see the savings and benefits of luxury cruising! 

The cruise travels to Madeira Island, the Canary Islands, and Cape Verde before we start down the coast of Africa. Dakar, Ghana, Togo, Benin, Sao Tome and Namibia (sand dunes here we come!) before we arrive in Cape Town. Oh but wait... there are 11 glorious, and I do mean glorious, days at sea! It will be a relaxing adventure! The only repeat destination we’ve seen in recent history is Cape Town. And I LOVE Cape Town – the wonderful Victoria & Alfred (I always thought it was Albert!) Waterfront area, the incredible wine regions of Stellenbosch & Franschhoek, the meeting of the waters, Robben Island, Table Mountain, Greenmarket Square with beautiful African crafts & treasures! I never thought I’d go back to Africa. I love the trip and I love the country. What a thrill to be returning. Only one more week to wait! I’ll keep you posted...in the meantime check out some great upcoming interline deals on Regent Seven Seas!

No comments:

Post a Comment