Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Luggage Free!

It still hasn’t sunk in... we’re going to CHINA! Like in 4 days. All the planning, all the researching, all the anticipation is almost unbearable. We did something we’ve never done before. We are shipping luggage! I’m delighted – I get to pack all the of my “fancy” cruise clothes that I’d like, extra shoes and all sorts of things I’d have to leave at home. Flying domestic then international, both with different weight limitation is frustrating – one bag domestic up to 50 lbs, and then magically I can have two bags up to 70 lbs on the international flight, but I can’t get there from here! Luggage Free was recommended by Regent Seven Seas Cruises, and I decided to take the plunge! They couldn’t have been more accommodating, convenient to use and courteous. You can book on line (www.luggagefree.com), but since I had a million questions, I picked up the phone and called them at 800-361-6871. Depending on your destination, they will tell you when they need to pick up your luggage to make it to your destination on time, but you choose a specific time for the pick up with a one hour window. I had asked for pick up between 10am-11am, and right on the money, the doorbell rang at 10:05! Perfect. You receive on pick up confirmation via email and then emails as the bags make their way along the route. Ft. Lauderdale, Memphis, Anchorage, Inchon... and today they are at customs. Bags are insured for $1000 complimentary insurance, and you can purchase additional insurance is you wish. They are covered with protective luggage wrapping, Luggage Free completes all the Customs Documentation, and you only pay for what you pack... in other words, you are charged by the pound. AND, you are not charged until the trip is completed and you are 100% satisfied. Best of all, you don’t have to hassle with the extra bags or excess luggage charges. Oh, and PERX can offer you a $25 gift card!

Just a few more days and we’ll be on the way. I can’t wait! Next stop, Beijing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment